5 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Cooler Months
Wow, Cyclone Debbie what an awful mess you made! And what a dramatic ending to our hot and humid summer here in Queensland. Already we're sensing a cool change in the air: the nights are becoming shorter and the mornings crisp.
I love taking advantage of this time of year to snuggle up in long pants, wool ugg boots, high necked sweaters and really settle into the kitchen. This is when I come up with my best recipes, in fact, because there's time to linger over the warm stove or hot oven and because after a brisk walk in the cool air - is there anything more inviting than the scent of homemade food? Be it savoury or sweet. As well as the cosy outfit in the cooler months I'm also quick to reach for that favourite tool of most cooks, the slow cooker.
And here's a round up of my favourite recipes for slow cooker machines:
- Yes to these crowd pleasers
- The secret to this one appears to be onions, lots and lots of onions
- I think these flavours would be best suited to beef - I love the addition of Sichuan peppercorns
- The spices in this one alone have my mouth watering
- Who says you can't slow cook cake?
What are you favourite cold weather meals?