Ultimate One Bowl Cheat Sheet
For foolproof, tasty and no fuss lunches and dinners organise the above elements in your fridge (preferably on a Sunday) so you're set for 4-5 meals for the week ahead.
- Rinse and steam bulk brown rice (or any grain), then pop it in containers in the fridge (I like these)
- Buy/cook your favourite protein (hello roast chook)
- Pre-chop a selection of raw or roasted vegetables, place them in a container
- Have flavour "pops" on hand to spice up your meal:
- dried cranberries, spring onions, walnuts with cayenne salt, diced avocado & lemon
- Option 1: heat the grain and proteins together then combine with remaining ingredients
- Option 2: for a cool, refreshing bowl combine all ingredients straight from the fridge
Above all, experiment! Try out different flavours and textures you like and be inspired by what's around the web. We're loving this new Bon Appetit site at the moment.