So we're back. Married. Honeymoon-ed. Rested. Now... life is busy again but for now we like it that way. The wedding, and lead up days, were better than anything I could have imagined. Gorgeous family and brilliant friends who truly helped us celebrate and properly mark the event. It was like a dream - I think that's what happens when you marry your best friend.
Since returning home I have a lot of work projects on the boil but I'm also focused on self improvement and am trying to change a few habits (thanks to this brilliant audiobook) and wanted to share them.
- One of my new habits is reading the digital New York Times newspaper each morning. The articles are different with an international focus and it truly is broadening my views. This article about a mother jailed for killing her son after 25 years fascinated me this morning.
- In the habits book author Gretchen Rubin also talks about how to form good, new habits. One example was someone who only watched their favourite television shows while exercising at the gym. It's about linking something you genuinely enjoy with a habit that you've find difficult to continue, to trick yourself. It's not a reward driven but instead gets you deeper into the good habit.
And here's some lighter reading for the weekend ahead:
- Always NYMag Grub Street Diet on a Saturday morning
- I'm enjoying this quote, she kicks ass
- I found out about this awesome recipes column via their Podcast, it's great... I think I'll attempt this one and this one this weekend
- I'll also be trying to master this song on the guitar, it was my birthday present and I'm determined to play like a pro!
What are you up to this weekend?