Lose Weight Eating Out: Step 1
Eat veggies before the meal. Sounds obvious but it's necessary to feel full and not overindulge on the deliciousness served up. Here's one of the speedy recipes I've been using to spice up my greens.
Broccoli Cheat (serves 2)
- 1 x head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon Liban Gourmet's 'Garlic Love' (if you can't find this, grate one to two cloves of raw garlic over the steamed broccoli)
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 handful of tamari almonds chopped finely
- a dash of water
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a sprinkle of celtic sea salt
- a smidge of chopped fresh chilli or dried chillies
- Chop broccoli into florets and don't throw away the stalks; chopped finely enough they're delicious too.
- Pop into a microwave safe container, pour a dash of water on top and steam for three to four minutes.
- Pull from microwave while steaming and move quickly to drain, add Garlic Love, mix it and top with raw spinach. Allow it time to wilt.
- Empty into a bowl, top with salt, almonds, olive oil and enjoy.