5 Tear-Jerking Wedding Readings
I'm getting married to my best friend, soulmate and lover in just over 80 days! It's a surreal and exciting thought, made stressful by the question, "How's the wedding planning going?"
It becomes everyone's default small talk topic as soon as your bloke puts a ring on it and I feel like shouting back each time, "It's fine!" Because, am meant to be stressed? What am I missing? Pulling a big party together in 13 months seems pretty manageable, I've been assembling news bulletins in just hours (sometimes minutes!) over the past 5 years.
Anyway, at the moment we're searching for readings that resonate; we need three. These 5 may not make the cut, but are my favourite so far:
- Love - Roy Croft (I read this at my best friend's wedding last year and couldn't contain my tears!)
- Apache Blessing + expansion - Author Unknown
- Sonnet 116 - William Shakespeare
- Eskimo Love Song - Author Unknown
- This love quote (scroll to number 2) - Maulana Jalalu'ddin Rumi
A dear family friend gifted us the book "Heartsongs" by Pinky Agnew and it's been a lifesaver in our search; a trove of unique readings covering all religions and literature.